Are you using Magento for your e-commerce store? If yes, then you will be happy to hear that Magento is all prepared with a set of tools that will help you in building a website that behaves like an app.
Studies say more than 50% of website traffic(worldwide) is coming from mobile phones, therefore having a mobile app along with the website is remarkable. So far you need to have different apps and websites for Android and iOS mobile phones, But from now, you don’t have to do this anymore.
With the help of PWA, you can create a shortcut icon to the website on the user’s device just like an app. It is still a website but has benefits and performance of an app.
You might be wondering what PWA is, that makes everything so simple, so let’s take a quick drive to it.
Progressive Web Apps(PWA)
Progressive web apps are an upshot of software development, which is a fusion of the features of regular websites and mobile apps. This new application model merges the features of modern browsers and effective mobile apps and serves them in one system. Simply, it can be said that progressive web app is a web application offering the native app-like experience using modern web capabilities.
Advantages of Progressive Web App:
- You can work offline Generally, mobile apps don’t work without the internet. This problem has been resolved with PWA as it is good at displaying the cache that is already accessed by users. It provides general information to users and also the time to get connected with the internet after the disconnection.
- No need to use the app or play store You can use it directly from the home screen, which means you don’t have to go play store or app store to download it. With the help of PWA, you can ignore the long process of downloading and save your time and data.
- Faster performance than ever PWA loads faster than native apps, you just need to contact a progressive web app development company, and they will provide you with the best. They will render you the solution just like an app, which facilitates the users with exceptional user experience and fast performance.
- Cheaper than building native apps The responsive design gives it the ability to use it on different sized devices. And it also saves the cost of development for the different versions for Android and iOS. All this ultimately reduces the cost.
- Similarity from a native app It will provide you with the same experience as if you were using a native app. Advantages like mobile websites with dynamic data and database access. And all this with the advance feature of progressive web app features.
- High conversion PWA provides seamless end-to-end user experience even in the bad network connections or in offline mode. It is responsible for the successful conversion improvement for companies such as Flipkart. Flipkart Lite claims that their conversion rate increased by 70% without investing much at cost.
How PWA can boost the Magento store experience?
- An app like experience with online stores- The online store built with PWA can serve a terrific user experience of an app and website at the same time. You don’t have to install it on your mobile phone like a mobile app, as it is easily operable via web browsers. The professional developers can build it more efficiently so your user can be more attracted to the e-commerce website than a mobile app.
- Fast re-engagement- As we said before, you don’t have to install it, you can simply go to the web browser and search it like a website in case of establishing re-engagement.
- Stream-line payment- The critical positive impact of PWA on payments can’t be ignored. It allows you to integrate the payment gateways like PayPal, Braintree and other payment extensions efficiently. It is secure and also can synchronize the order and payment details, which make the transaction process more transparent.
- Ofline browsing- PWA can store the site information, so if you are facing the slow internet issue, you don’t have to trouble with the “check your connection” problem. You can add the products to cart, which means a steady shopping experience.
- Easily accessible- With add-to-home screen feature, you don’t always have to go to the browser to access the site. Magento PWA is easily accessible from the home screen, just like a native app.
- Smoother browsing experience- Magento progressive web apps work more efficiently than other websites, as they do not struggle at the time of slow internet connection. In PWA, After the first visit, it can be loaded rapidly as the pre-cache part made it load instantly. So you don’t have to worry about your website’s speed with progressive web apps.
- Secure shopping experience- The presence of Magento in PWA Magento has furnished it with a list of security features such as 2FA( Two-factor authentication) and Google reCaptcha. The HTTP and transport layer security is the guarantee of having a secure shopping experience.
In a few words Magento PWA (Progressive Web App) where one side is valuable for shoppers on the other side, it is also beneficial for shop owners. PWA has the features and ability to provide an unbeatable shopping experience to users. The access-from-browser capability and fast loading speed make it customer-friendly. No doubt if the customer is happy, then the seller is more than happy. If you are also searching for the same, Magento eCommerce Development Company is that solution provider for you.